5 Actors Who We Think Should Become The Next James Bond
Though Daniel Craig has excelled in this role by completely submerging himself in the skin of the suave superspy, one can’t also just sit around and hope that he will be playing the role forever. There have been multiple occasions where Craig has indicated that he is almost done with playing the role so keeping that in mind, here are five actors who we think should become the next James Bond.
- 1. First on our list is Henry Cavill. He undoubtedly has the looks, muscle, and the charm, which compels ladies to go crazy over him and the way he has been rocking the Superman costume since “Man of Steel,” makes him even more desirable. Cavill was actually the other actor who was pitted against Daniel Craig for the role but since he was very young at the time to play the role, Craig was chosen. Now that he is the correct age and has some superhuman action experience, he can certainly give a shot at wearing the Tux and sipping a few vodka martinis.
- 2. Hugh Jackman or better known as the Wolverine amongst fans is the second on our list. Jackman has expressed interest in playing the role and even mentioned once that he was offered the role but chose not to take it. With that epic body structure and deadly eyes he has perfected over the years, we wouldn’t mind looking at Jackman breaking a few bones or stepping out of the coveted Aston Martin in the future movies.
- 3. Our third choice is a rather unusual one. For some reasons we feel Tom Hiddleston could make a convincing Bond. Even if he does not make a good Bond, his female fan following will make sure he remains Bond for a really long time. One of the reasons why we think Hiddleston could make an excellent Bond is because his performance as Loki at the San Diego Comic Con stunned everyone. Girls and women were shouting his name continuously and he like a boss, asked everyone to remain silent. With some beefing up and getting some of those Loki qualities in his portrayal, Hiddleston could wield the Walther PPK, if not the Mjolnir.
- 4. The fourth one is also a rather unique choice. Benedict Cumberbatch is all about the charm and it literally spills out of him when he is talking, walking or just standing. For his portrayal as Khan, he did once beef up for one of the scenes in “Star Trek Into Darkness,” however the scene was itself cut out. So if he could do so much just for one scene, he could definitely have a physical transformation fit for playing Bond. With his portrayal, the franchise will surely break some serious records at the box office.
- 5. Finally if you want a merciless Bond, you wouldn’t have to look any further than Jason Statham. He could bring his own version of ruthless, brooding and “beating the life out of you” Bond. With his fighting skills already demonstrated in so many of his action movies, we could have a seriously thrashing Bond.
Also Read: PIERCE BROSNAN ON ‘SPECTRE’
Forbes Magazine reported that Bond’s latest outing “Spectre” has crossed $800 million at the worldwide box office and is expected to bring in more in the next few days while other movies continue to rule the roster. Entertainment Weekly on the other hand, reported a major spoiler, which revealed Daniel Craig’s cameo in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” According to the media outlet, Craig will be seen as a Stormtrooper and will appear in a scene with Daisy Ridley’s Rey.
Photo source: Facebook/El Rey Network