5 Potential Exits for Nina Dobrev on ‘The Vampire Diaries’
One of TV’s well-known stars shook of the Internet recently when she announced that she’s leaving her TV show after 6 years. Nina Dobrev who plays Elena Gilber on the hit CW vampire TV series “The Vampire Diaries” is getting out of Mystic Falls, leaving behind the supernatural and moving on.
It was a sad for “TVD” fans but dwelling on something final and official can be a waste of time. What we want to know is how she’s leaving the show? Here are five possible exits for Dobrev:
- Killed – This is the most obvious and “expected” way to take her out of the show. If you remember, they finally got the cure. My guess is, the cure will not work on her. Or maybe Stefan and Caroline who have switched their humanities off will get rid of her since she always tries to stop them from ripping everyone’s heads off.
- Cured – As mentioned, they have the cure now. Maybe Elena will take it and they will “live happily ever after.” If this happened, it’s going to be an ending and a new beginning for Elena. Taking the cure, there’s a huge chance that Elena will live a different life and stay away from Mystic Falls and probably pursue medicine.
- Wedding – Or maybe she’s going to marry Damon Salvatore after all! Now that’s a good ending for her character and once she does, she’ll live far away and let Damon handle the stuff in Mystic Falls. Or maybe she’ll marry him once she’s cured and they’ll have cute babies. Maybe Damon will take the cure as well so he and Elena can live a normal life.
- Compel – Elena might just want to forget everything after what happened to her and her family in Mystic Falls and just ask Alaric to compel her to forget everything that has to do with any of them and Mystic Falls.
- No exit – she’s going to leave the show, alright but she might not leave it officially. Maybe she’ll always be part of the plot living somewhere and viewers not being able to see her but characters will keep on mentioning her name and linking it to future events.
These are just “possible” exit strategies but we know Julie Plec will definitely surprise us on how Elena will leave the show. I’m betting on so much feels.
How do you think Elena will exit “TVD?” Let us know by posting it below!
For the latest news, recaps and spoilers on “The Vampire Diaries” and other TV shows as well as entertainment news, make sure that you catch it here on Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo source: Wikimedia Commons