‘Alien 5’ Of Neill Blomkamp On Hold For ‘Prometheus’ Sequel?
When The Australian had interviewed director Ridley Scott in 2014, he had given some hints on how he had been planning to direct “Prometheus 2,” the sequel of the 2012 science fiction movie “Prometheus” and a fifth installment in the “Alien” franchise. The sequel is expected to answer what was left unanswered during the initial movie.
“If I see one more dragon I’m going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons. So with ‘Prometheus 2’ what I’m trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act,” Scott said, as cited by Crossmap.
According to Digital Spy, it is simply due to the “Prometheus “sequel that “Alien 5” is officially put on hold (prior to the release of Prometheus 2). The director and co-writer of “District 9,” Neill Blomkamp recently tweeted that Scott’s “Alien: Paradise Lost” to take precedence and fans would have no other option then to wait a little longer to once again amuse with the action scenes of Michael Biehn and Sigourney Weaver. In other words, we are not at all surprised to see how dependent is Blomkamp’s “Alien” project on the goodwill of Fox.
Neill Blomkamp tweeted on Friday: “alien is kinda holding/ pending prometheus 2. So I shall be working on other things… as much as I love the xeno- and Lt ripley.”
The 77-year-old Scott is all set to wheel the production work of the “Prometheus” sequel that is said to be a prequel to the “Alien” movies and Hollywood actors like Michael Fassbender and Naomi Rapace to reprise their roles. Some sources say that filming will be commenced soon by the starting of 2016 with a 2017 targeted release.
Photo Source: Facebook/Prometheus 2