The Bachelorette 2014 Recap: Season 10 Dedicated to Late Contestant Eric Hill [WATCH VIDEO]
“The Bachelorette” 2014 Season 10 contestant Eric Hill ‘s tragic death on April 23, 2014 has left the reality TV community in grief . Hill competed for Andi Dorfman’s love in “The Bachelorette” Season 10, which started airing on May 19, 2014. He died after a paragliding accident. Read on for MNG’s “The Bachelorette” 2014 recap of Season 10 which is dedicated to its late contestant Eric Hill.
Although he was already eliminated from the show, “The Bachelorette” host Chris Harrison said that Hill’s dreadful demise affected everyone on the show.
“Throughout the years many hundreds of men and women have come on this show in search of love, and they’ve all become a part of what we consider part of this family. At this time, we’d like to take a moment to honor one of these men — our friend, Eric Hill. Eric passed away shortly after concluding his filming o this show. In the coming weeks, you’ll see Eric was a vibrant man. Every day he impressed us with his passion and courageous spirit. He will be greatly missed, and we dedicate this season, to him,” said Harrison at the beginning of “The Bachelorette” 2014 Season 10 premiere on May 19, 2014, which was published in a report by Hollywood Life.
The cast and crew of “The Bachelorette” Season 10 have been planning to pay a tribute to him on the show while mourning the loss. The 31 year-old died of injuries sustained during a paragliding accident on April 23, 2014. Harrison also said Hill was a huge part of “The Bachelorette” Season 10. He even earned the first one-on-one date with Andi Dorfman!
Hill had already filmed his scenes for “The Bachelorette” Season 10 when a parachute malfunction resulted in his tragic death. The malfunction resulted in a 15 to 20 foot fall.
According to People Magazine, Harrison said that producers of the show are now trying to figure out the best way to deal with the tragedy.
“It’s a horrible, horrible thing. He was taken away too young,” said Harrison to People.
“It’s something we’ve never dealt with on the show. It didn’t only affect our cast, but also our crew who worked closely with him.” added Harrison.
ABC’s “The Bachelorette” has ultimately declared in a press release for Andi Dorfman’s season (Season 10) that it plans to dedicate the 10th season to the 32-year-old who passed away in late April 2014. Click HERE to read the full press release from ABC.
In addition to dedicating the “The Bachelorette” Season 10 to Hill, Chris Harrison also revealed stuff about Eric’s life, including his passion, courage and spirit.
Hill was met with an accident while attempting to break the world travel record by traveling all 195 U.N.-recognized countries in less than three years, three months and six days. He launched the website “Go With Eric” in February 2013 to document his travels. He was also working on a documentary named “The Global Odyssey.”
As for the other “The Bachelorette” 2014 Season 10 contestants, they are as follows:
1. Andrew Poole – 30 years old Social media marketer from Portola Valley, California
2. Bradley Wisk – 32 years old Opera singer from Grosse Pointe, Michigan
3. Brett – 29 years old Hairstylist from Warminster, Pennsylvania
4. Brian Osborne – 27 years old Basketball coach from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5. Carl – 30 years old Firefighter from Hollywood, Florida
6. Chris Soules – 32 years old Farmer from Lamont, Iowa
7. Cody Sattler – 28 years old Personal trainer from Chicago, Illinois
8. Craig Muhlbauer – 29 years old Tax accountant from Defiance, Iowa
9. Dylan – 26 years old Accountant from Longmeadow, Massachusetts
10. Eric Hill – 31 years old Explorer from Citrus Heights, California (DECEASED)
11. J. J. O’Brien – 30 years old Pantsapreneur from Hanover, Massachusetts
12. Josh Murray – 29 years old Former professional baseball player from Tampa, Florida
13. Marcus Grodd – 25 years old Sports medicine manager from Dallas, Texas
14. Marquel Martin – 26 years old Sponsorship salesman from Rialto, California
15. Nick Sutter – 27 years old Professional golfer from Chicago, Illinois
16. Nick V. – 33 years old Software sales executive from Waukesha, Wisconsin
17. Patrick – 29 years old Advertising executive from Clinton, New Jersey
18. Ron – 28 years old Beverage sales manager from Nahariya, Israel
19. Tasos Hernandez – 30 years old Wedding event coordinator from Denver, Colorado
20. Emil – 33 years old Helicopter Pilot from Portland, Oregon
21. Jason Leep – 35 years old Urgent care physician from Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
22. Josh B. 29 years old Telecommunication marketer from Evergreen, Colorado
23. Mike Campanelli – 29 years old Bartender from Guilderland, New York
24. Rudie – 31 years old Attorney from Yorba Linda, California
25. Steven – 30 years old Snowboard product developer from Meadow Vista, California
Click HERE to see their pictures from the official “The Bachelorette” Web site.
Unfortunately, six of these guys got eliminated on the “The Bachelorette” 2014 Season 10 Episode 1. These were Emil, Jason Leep, Josh B., Mike Campanelli, Rudie and Steven.
And that’s it for MNG’s “The Bachelorette” 2014 recap of the Season 10 premiere. Don’t miss the gorgeous and chic Andi Dorfman and watch her find love on “The Bachelorette” Season 10. Don’t forget to watch it on Mondays, 9:30 p.m. ET on ABC. “The Bachelorette” 2014 Season 10 will then return to its regular time slot on May 26, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. EDT. For more details coming up about the “The Bachelorette,” including spoilers and recaps of the reality show, as well as other entertainment news, stay tuned here at Movie News Guide (MNG).
Check out the video below: