Oops! Bill Gates Fails To Find A Place In The Top Five Richest Person So Far
His wealth increased by US$15 billion between 2013 and 2014. He is Bill Gates, the mysterious man behind the founding of Microsoft, who is presently considered the richest man on the Earth. But he is not the richest man of all time. Read on to know more details.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Forbes has prepared an annual list that has given the first seat to Gates. Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of Facebook, joined the top 20, whereas basketball star Michael Jordan has made his entry for the first time. The second position is being taken by Mexico telecommunication mogul Carlos Slim Helu. Meanwhile, New Zealand’s richest person and packaging tycoon, Graeme Hart has made it to number 195 down from 191 in 2014.
However, if we go back to the pages of history, we will find that there had been lot of people who had surprised the world from time to time with their vast wealth that puts Microsoft co-founder’s wealth in shade, Time.com elaborates.
The Scottish-American industrialist Andrew Carnegie led the gigantic expansion of the American steel industry in the late 19th century had recorded US$372 billion, whereas the founder of the Roman Empire between 27 BC and 14 AD had a surprising figure- US$4.6 trillion.
1) Mansa Musa, the king of Timbuktu (13th century) is referred to as the wealthiest person in history for his immeasurable wealth.
2) Caesar Augustus, the first Roman Emperor (27 BC) had a wealth of US$4.6 trillion.
3) Emperor Shenzong of China’s Song Dynasty (11th century) had ruled an empire with 25 percent of world GDP.
4) The great Mughal Emperor of India, Akbar (16th century) ruled an empire with 25 percent of world GDP.
5) The modern historic dictator of Soviet Union in the 20th century, Joseph Stalin had a total control (on the Soviet Union) with 9.6 percent of global GDP.
6) Andrew Carnegie was a Scottish-American industrialist and had a big contribution in American steel industry (19th century) had a wealth of US$372 billion.
7) John D Rockefeller was an American business magnate and philanthropist (19-20th century) had a wealth worth US$341 billion.
8) Alan Rufus (aka Agnes of Cornouaille) (11th century) was involved in the Norman conquest. His wealth was estimated US$194 billion.
9) Bill Gates, the richest living person’s wealth is estimated US $78.9 billion.
10) Genghis Khan, the founder of great Mongol Empire in 12-13th century wealth was immeasurable for his largest contiguous empire (from China to Europe) in history.
Photo Source: Bill Gates/Facebook