Box Office 2015: Winners and Losers this year!
As the year almost comes to an end, fans had more than enough choice to spoil themselves in the entertainment department as some of the biggest movies released this year. At the box office while some managed to strike gold, others bit dust. Here is a list of movies that won and lost at the box office.
- 1. “Jurassic World” has to be on the top spot in the list because its performance was just unbelievable. Leading man Chris Pratt as of now is practically the next big thing in Hollywood. What is surprising is that this is the same actor who nobody would have even thought as someone who could become a major movie star. “Jurassic World” grossed $1.6 billion at the box office.
- 2. Toronto Sun had “Furious 7” in their list at the second position. The movie is the perfect way with which Vin Diesel could honor late Paul Walker’s memory and with the movie he did just that. The movie that grossed $1.5 billion at the box office paid a tribute to the late actor in a way that couldn’t have been any better.
- 3. “Avengers: Age of Ultron” did have some flaws but with the Avengers uniting against the megalomaniac robot Ultron, no one really seems to be complaining. The movie took $1.4 billion at the box office and somehow left a few hints regarding the next Marvel movie “Captain America: Civil War.”
- 4. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is the movie who everyone knew would start its box office collections with a billion. The movie since its release has already grossed $1.09 billion and there’s nothing that can stop it.
- 5. “Spectre” the most recent James Bond installment also managed to stand up to its reputation though its collections were not at par with its predecessor “Skyfall.” Even though the movie managed to gross $850 million at the box office, it made the fans happy with whatever it brought on the screen.
- 1. “Fantastic Four” has to be the biggest disappointment of this year. The movie was a reboot of the previous version and with what happened between Josh Trank and the studio only led to the movie suffering terribly.
- 2. Everyone was surprised when “Pan” failed to deliver at the box office. The Hugh Jackman starrer managed to earn only $126 million at the box office, which was really disappointing.
- 3. “Tomorrowland” had George Clooney in it and yet it did nothing but attract loss. This movie was perhaps the highlight of the year as it managed to make only $209 million against its $190 million budget.
Cinema Blend added that Universal Studios is the one studio that dominated this year’s summer. With movies like “Jurassic World,” “Furious 7,” “Minions” and “Pitch Perfect 2,” the studio had a historical take at the box office this year.
Photo source: Facebook/Empire Magazine