Gisele Bundchen Retires; Here’s Her 5 Best Runway Moments [WATCH VIDEO]
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen recently announced that she will be walking the runway one last time at the Sao Paulo Fashion Week in April. After that, she will be hanging her stilettos for good. Her retirement marks nearly 20 years of being a fashion goddess. We’re rounding up five of her best moments at the catwalk.
- A young but very confident Bundchen first turned heads at the Alexander McQueen Spring ready-to-wear fashion show in 1998. Bundchen was soaking wet as rain was part of the theme of the show. But she managed to walk the slippery floor in her stilettos with grace and ease. Everyone took notice of her that night.
- By 2000, with her famous Brazilian face and body already splattered all over fashion magazines, Bundchen signed the contract of a lifetime with Victoria Secret. She walked the brand’s runway show for the first time as its Angel, clad in a very minimalist and very revealing outfit. It was unforgettable.
- She would once again make waves at the 2005 Victoria Secret Fashion show with her sexy Mrs. Santa Claus outfit. Already a premiere model and highest paid around this time too, she continued to charm the crowd with her moves and her look.
- Her last parade as a Victoria Secret angel followed a year after in 2006. She walked the runway wearing a skin-toned bikini with golden highlights, which was accented by fluffy feathers. She was serenaded by artist Justin Timberlake.
- In 2011, Bundchen sprung another surprise when she came out of her hiatus (after marriage and kids) and walked at the Balenciaga’s Spring 2011 Fashion Show during Paris Fashion Week. She closed the event.
Bundchen, now 34, and named by Forbes as the one of the most powerful women in the business, according to E Online, will continue to do a lot of endorsement deals following her retirement. She still has her line of lingerie and footwear to tend to, and being an ambassador for the United Nations will also keep her busy.
The supermodel is married to Tom Brady of the New England Patriots and together, they parent two beautiful children.
For more stories about celebrities, check back to Movie News Guide (MNG) regularly.
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/Yanguas