Jewel Shares Her Experiences of Being Homeless; Said She Almost Died As ER Refused To Take Her
The past seem to still haunt Jewel even when she has carved a niche for herself in the world of entertainment. Here is the complete story about her experiences when she was homeless.
It was confession time on Friday, Oct. 9, 2015, for Jewel as she shared her experiences of living on the streets and how it felt of being homeless. According to US Weekly, she also made heart-touching revelations of a near-death experience she went through that eventually transformed her entire life.
She told Today that her financial condition was so bad that she almost passed away in a hospital’s emergency room. There were people refused to see her since she was not having a health insurance on her name.
Luckily for her, a doctor had seen her being turned away and gave her some antibiotics that saved her life. It was a time when she was almost dead due to lead poisoning. It was not as if everything was rosy thereafter as she had to face many hardships even later on.
More misfortunes were waiting for hr as her car where she was living got stolen. She shared what she went through as she did not have any physical address, not much of an education and it was extremely touching for her to find herself a job and come out of that poverty cycle.
The 41-year-old Jewel, who originally hails from Alaska, has been always candid about the hardships she went through during the early years of her career. She also had a tussle with one of her bosses due to which she lost her job and ultimately became homeless as she had refused to sleep with him.
These hardships made the “Hands” singer even more determined to alter her life and give her best so that she could transform her dreams of a career in music into a reality. At present, Jewel is trying to channelize her rough childhood experiences into several positive projects.
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons