John Carter movie trailer 3D
The movie is directed by Andrew Stanton who has also co-written it along with Mark Andrews and Michael Chabon. John Carter has been produced by Jim Morris, Colin Wilson, and Lindsey Collins. The film has music done by Michael Giachhino. Walt Disney has distributed the movie which should hit the theaters in the US and UK on March 9, 2012.
Former Confederate captain John Carter (Taylor Kitsch) is all of a sudden transported to Planet Mars where he becomes involved in a conflict between different nations of the planets, whose leaders include Tars Tarkas (Williem Dafoe) and Princes Dejah Thoris (Lynn Collins). John then decides to take on the responsibility to save Barsoom and its inhabitants. He uses the experiences on Earth to try and bring peace and safety to the planet and its people.
Andrew Stanton is a celebrated filmmaker, producer, screenwriter whose amazing body of work include Finding Nemo and WALL-E, both of them having earned Academy Award for the Best Animated Feature film. He has also written the scripts and screenplays of movies like Toy Story series, A Bug’s Life, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille, Up, Partly Cloudy etc.
John Carter marks the debut of Andrew Stanton in the genre of live-action movies. Live-action cinema refers to cinematography, videography which is not produced with the help of animation. Live-action can also mean animation movies in which non-animated characters co-exist with animated ones, meaning humans and cartoons present in the same frame. A film or television show adapted from comics is also known as a live-action movie.
The cast of John Carter include –
- Taylor Kitsch as John Carter
- Lynn Collins as Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium
- Willem Dafoe as Tars Tarkas, a Barsoomian warrior and ally of John Carter
- Thomas Haden Church as Tal Hajus, a vicious Thark warrior
- Samantha Morton as Sola, daughter of Tars Tarkas
- Dominic West as Sab Than, Prince of Zodanga
- Polly Walker as Sarkoja, a merciless, tyrannical Thark
- James Purefoy as Kantos Kan, captain of the ship Xavarian
- Mark Strong as Matai Shang, leader of the Holy Therns
- Ciarán Hinds as Tardos Mors, Jeddak of Helium
- Bryan Cranston as a Civil War colonel who comes into conflict with Carter
- Daryl Sabara as Edgar Rice Burroughs, nephew of John Carter
- Jon Favreau in a cameo role. He was supposed to direct the film when it was a part of the Paramount Production.
- The principal photography of John Carter started at Longcross Studios in London, in January 2010 and ended in Utah, in July 2012. The movie was also shot in Lake Powell; and counties of Kayne and Grand Wayne.
Though the original date of the release of John Carter was supposed to be on June 8, 2012, Disney moved the date ahead to March 9, 2012. The trailer of the movie was premiered on July 14, 2011 and was shown in 2D as well as 3D along with the prints of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. On February 5, 2012 an extended TV advertisement promoting John Carter was aired during the Super Bowl.
Andrew Stanton held a special screening for the movie for the team members and families of New England Patriots and New York Giants; and the response was noted as ‘terrific’. However, a rival studio has gone on to state that John Carter is the biggest wipeout of animation films. One does not know if this is pure jealousy at place or a fact; we will know for sure on March 9, for sure.