Lady Gaga Just Turned 29; 5 Reasons Why 2015 is Her Big Year!
International pop superstar Lady Gaga, also known as Stefani Germanotta, has turned 29 on March 28. The “Bad Romance” singer, who peaked as a commercial success in 2009, may have slowed down in her career after winning six Grammy’s and several MTV Music Awards. But she is still proving that there’s more surprises to come from Lady Gaga.
Here are five reasons why 2015 is going to be a wonderful year for the award-winning performer:
- She got engaged! In a move that signals a new, more mature and lifelong commitment, Lady Gaga agreed to the Valentine proposal her long-time boyfriend Taylor Kinney offered to her. Meeting for the first time for work in her video in 2011, the couple had their relationship tested in 2012, when they briefly broke up. But since getting back together, their relationship remains solid and strong.
- She’s going to be in the TV series “American Horror Story” for its fifth season. The show is a cult favorite and has stars like Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson and Angela Bassett in the previous cast. While details about Lady Gaga’s part are still being kept under wraps, this will actually mark her first big TV series. Fans are probably waiting and eager to see how she’ll do. Will Lady Gaga successfully reinvent herself as a TV star?
- She impressed a lot of people, including Julie Andrews, for her rendition of “The Sound of Music” at the Oscars. Andrews even said that she was so honored by Lady Gaga’s performance and of course, that compliment could not have gotten any better! Lady Gaga impressed an icon!
- She’s working on a new album with RedOne as the producer, according to Billboard. She has worked with RedOne on the song “Poker Face” before. Her upcoming album promises to bring back the brand of music her fans love, after she briefly experimented with the 2013 album “Artpop.”
- She’s also working on a lot of collaborations. After doing “Cheek to Cheek” with Tony Bennett in 2014, Lady Gaga also collaborated with songstress Diane Warren for “Till It Happens To You,” for the documentary “The Hunting Ground.” These collaborative work has given the star performer a different avenue for channeling her talents and creativity and it is expected that she will be doing more of this moving forward.
Follow more celebrity stories only here on Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo Source: Facebook/Lady Gaga