‘Masters of Sex’ Season 3 Spoilers: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Showtime Series
American period drama of Showtime, “Masters of Sex” has set its foot again with its Season 3 on July 12, 2015. The show had been loved for its previous two seasons and it had been a lot into sex but that’s not just about it. The title of the show although makes it sound a bit creepy, raunchy sex show but the show has very impressive drama on affairs, politics and revolutions on 50s and 60s.
“Masters of Sex” is focused over affair of Bill Masters and assistant Virginia Johnson, and wife Libby Masters. It is based on the book by Thomas Maier named ‘Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love.’ The show has received many critical acclaims and with its third season has opened many interesting facts for fans:
- The Sexual Tension: This is like breaking the bubble but the sexual tension shared by Masters and Johnson on the show “Masters of Sex” is just for the show. In real life, they both had been very formal with each other.
- The Actual Study: The figures of sexual study shown on the show are pretty accurate to real-life sexual cycles that were observed by Masters and Johnson. In real, the pair observed 384 women and 312 men engaging in different kind of sexual activities and over 10,000 completed sexual cycles.
- Bill Master’s Character: The character of Bill Masters had been shown as cold and methodological on the show “Masters of Sex” but in real life Bill Masters was very charming and delightful guy. The show had his character opposite from Virginia to develop heat.
- The Not-So Real Lillian: The character of Lillian DePaul is purely factious as in real life Virginia had no such woman working beside her with such strong aura.
- The Period Backdrop: The period ambience set on the show is real classy, without any denying. But what baffle most are the prices of the cafeteria at the hospital. America wasn’t that pricey for a cup of coffee in the 50s.