Preview of Universal Pictures’ Lucy [WATCH VIDEO]

By Rochelle Paula Carino | 2 years ago
Preview of Universal Pictures’ Lucy [WATCH VIDEO]
[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]

Hollywood just can’t get enough of Scarlett Johansson’s ability to kick some serious butt as Universal Pictures is set to release the sci-fi action movie, “Lucy,” on July 25, 2014 in U.S. theaters. The film is directed and written by Luc Besson. The ensemble cast includes: Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Claire Tran, Min-sik Choi, Amr Waken and Pilou Asbaek. Read on to learn more about “Lucy.”

Advertisement

A popular theory suggests that average humans are only able to access 10% of their brain’s capacity. In the movie “Lucy,” Scarlett Johansson plays the character who progressively utilizes the remaining 90% capability of her brain,  transforming her into a superhuman.

“Lucy” Synopsis:

In what seemed like a movie spinoff of Bradley Cooper’s “Limitless,” “Lucy” is set in a world run by drug dealers, the mob and nasty cops. Lucy is an average woman living in Taipei, Taiwan who gets caught in between dirty deals and is forced to work as a drug mule. Overly victimized, she gets beaten up continuously, but everything changes when the drug inadvertently leaks within her system. Extreme changes took effect within her biological properties, which transforms her into an extraordinary human being. Accessing the other 90% of her brain’s capacity, she unlocks her ability to absorb knowledge without difficulty, telekinesis and body mastery.

“Lucy is a film about pure intelligence. We’re basically using 10% of our brain. What happens when we use more?” asked the writer and director of the promising sci-fi hit movie, Luc Besson (“Colombiana,” “The Source,” “Lockout”), during his interview with Variety.

The movie not only packed with astounding story and action scenes but also with grand stars as the iconic Morgan Freeman (“The Shawshank Redemption,” “Seven,” “Million Dollar Baby”) plays the scientist, Professor Norman, who helps Lucy in figuring out what is to become of her grandiose evolution. Egyptian actor Amr Waken (“Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”) is also part of the cast as he plays a prominent role as an English-speaking French cop. Another addition to the cast is South Korea’s Min-sik (“Old Boy”).

Produced by EuropaCorp and Gaul’s TF1 Film production, “Lucy” is set to become one of the action movies of 2014 that will rack your brains and your seats.

The EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert holds a great deal in the making of this film as it signifies their first partnership with the world-renowned production company, Universal Pictures. “This pact with Universal – a prestigious, international powerhouse — allows us to launch the production of ‘Lucy’ in excellent conditions,” said Lambert in the update from Variety.

Once the movie pans out, Scarlett Johansson will not only be known as the red-haired assassin from “The Avengers.” She will now also be known as the blonde-haired super human who has stunned everybody with her looks and her moves. That’s a wrap for the ”Lucy” preview. Check out Movie News Guide (MNG) regularly for your daily dose of entertainment news.

[jwplayer mediaid=”21527″]

Advertisement

Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/Elen Nivrae

 

 

Google Analytics Alternative