Sandra Bullock Stalking Suspect Possessed Arsenal of Weapons

By Ambika Thakur | 2 years ago
Sandra Bullock Stalking Suspect Possessed Arsenal of Weapons

Joshua James Corbett, the suspect in a home-intruding case involving Sandra Bullock, is accused of possession of weapons on June 18, 2014.  The police authorities alleged that he possessed an “arsenal of weapons.” They recovered the “arsenal of weapons.” during a police search of his house. Read on for MNG’s report about the Sandra Bullock stalking incident.

Bullock was said to be at home during the time of the stalking incident. TMZ reported that she had locked herself in a room. According to L.A. Now, the police said that Corbett was in the patio “checking out the house” when they arrived. . He was detained at 6:45 a.m. Bullock was provided with an emergency protection against Corbett the day after his arrest.


Since the stalking incident on June 8, 2014, Joshua James Corbett has been in police custody. He was earlier charged with three felonies:

  • First-degree residential burglary
  • Stalking
  • Possession of a machine gun

But, he is not convicted for those charges last week. However, on Wednesday, June 25, 2014, the Los Angeles Police Department searched Corbett’s Montrose home and charged him with 19 other law breaking counts.  Deputy District Atty. Wendy Segall described in a statement that Corbett possessed “an arsenal of weapons.”

The new criminal charges include:

  • Seven counts of possession of a machine gun
  • Two counts of possession of an assault weapon
  • 10 counts of possession of a destructive device.

If pleaded guilty on all of the new counts, the stalker faces up to 12 years in county jail according to the D.A.’s office.  The alleged weapons may have included tracer bullets.  According to TMZ‘s law-enforcement sources, Corbett was at Bullock’s home not to rob it but to see the 49-year-old Oscar-winner, best known for movies like “Gravity,” “The Blind Side” and “Speed” in person.

Previously the bail was set at $185,000, which has been increased to $2 million. The 39-year-old stalker will appear in court on July 2, 2014. And that’s it for MNG’s Sandra Bullock stalking incident update. For more details coming up about the Oscar winning actress and other entertainment news, stay tuned here at  Movie News Guide (MNG).

Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/ Nehrams2020/Angela George