The Smurfs 2 Lands on Blu-ray and DVD This December
Those who missed out on The Smurfs 2 this summer will be happy to know that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is bringing the little blue folks to Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital on December 3.
Thanks to Sony Pictures Animation, the Smurfs 2 home entertainment sets feature additional content that for sure will make the holidays this year exciting. “The Legend of Smurfy Hollow”, an animated mini-movie set in the spirit of Halloween, will come bundled with both the 3D Blu-ray and Blu-ray sets. The mini-movie was actually released last year in September but is added as a bonus with this year’s entertainment sets from Sony. Furthermore there will also be plenty of deleted scenes from the original showing.
Bonus Features on the 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Deleted Scenes
- “Daddy’s Little Girl: The Journey of Smurfette”– Learn all about Smurfette’s
- “golden” past as we trace her origins back to Peyo’s stories
- “Animating Azrael”
- “The Puurrfect Companion: Azreal’s Tail” – See how Azrael was created
- “Evolution of the Naughties” – Learn how the filmmakers designed Hackus and Vexy.
- “The Naughties! The Tale of Hackus and Vexy” – Meet the new characters
- Smurfs Mini-Movie “The Legend of Smurfy Hollow” – 22 minutes run-time
DVD Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes
- “Daddy’s Little Girl: The Journey of Smurfette”
- Animating Azrael
The Blu-ray 3D set will set you back $55.99, while the plain Blu-ray copies will retail for $40.99 and DVD copies at $39.99.
In the second installment of the Smurfs franchise, the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) is ought to capture Smurf-essence with the help of two Smurf look-a-likes. However, he soon finds out that the key to harnessing the magic of the Smurfs lies in the lovely Smurfette who is then kidnapped and taken to Paris. The rest of the smurfs soon form a hunting party and head out to rescue their friend from the clutches of Gargamel.