‘Star Trek 3’ to Begin Shooting In a Month, Simon Pegg Just Completed the Script
Everyone knows that it takes years of planning to write a script for a film in Hollywood and when it is supposed to be one of the biggest franchise then studio never leave any loose ends but apparently this is not the case with the next “Star Trek 3.” Simon Pegg, the writer/actor has revealed that they have just submitted the first draft of the film whereas the principal photography is due in a month. Read on for more details.
In an interview with the Radio Times, Pegg said that the earlier script had to be throw away in the trash and he and his co-writer, Doug Jung had to rewrite the entire thing.
“We started again six months before we were due to start shooting which is insane!” Pegg told Radio Times.
According to Digital Spy, Pegg said revealed that few weeks ago he had been asked to make the film, less “Star Trek-y” and more of “Avengers” style story as audience of all the ages love to watch movies that has more action.
Less “Star Trek-y” implies that the studio wants to play down the more dilemmas and more of the action, ‘shoot them up- blow up them’ kind of blockbuster spectacular. Billions of “Star Trek” fans thinks that one can find a perfect balance of the two if the script is good enough. The “Star Trek” films have made a ton of money but apparently Paramount Pictures are trying to push their luck by seeing if they will make the same kind of money that “Avengers” films have made.
Along with Pegg, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, and Chris Pine will reprise their role in “Star Trek 3.” The principal photography of the film will begin in a month in Vancouver and is all set to release on July 8, 2016.