Taylor Swift Flew to Las Vegas for Date with Calvin Harris: Here’s 5 Things about Him
They were apparently seen flirting with each other at the Brits Award last February. They were said to have stayed together the whole time and were seen holding hands at the after-party. Now, it seems, Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris are officially dating. According to reports, Swift jetted off to Las Vegas for their second date, thanks to the private jet Harris sent for her. Read on for more details.
Hollywood Life said that the 25-year-old music star flew from New York to Las Vegas. She was joined by her gal pals Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding and the Haim sisters. An insider revealed that the flight was chartered by no less than Harris, who was DJ-ing at the MGM Grand at that time. Swift was there to watch her rumored new boyfriend perform.
The young celebrity has been single for a while, so news of her dating again is making fans a bit curious. And, of course, they may want to know — who is Calvin Harris? We’ve rounded up five things about him:
- Harris grew up in Scotland and he’s in his early 30s. Early on, he was already interested in the music scene and when he got older, he moved to London to pursue this.
- In the mid-2000’s, he set up a MySpace profile to showcase his music. It was where musicians were discovered at that time and it paid off because a record producer took notice of his work. He dropped his very first album by 2007. “I Created Disco” soared the top 10 spot in the UK charts. His career as a musician, DJ and performer picked up since then. He’s reaped recognitions and awards left and right in Europe. But in 2011, Harris gained international success for his work with Rihanna for the song “We Found Love.”
- He’s had his fair share of controversies as an artist. In 2009, he discovered that his song had similarities to Chris Brown’s “I’m Not Alone” and he tweeted about it. He received a lot of hate messages from Brown’s fan because of this, but then the artists worked it out and Harris was credited on the album.
- Back in 2014, Calvin Harris claimed that it was the best year of his life, according to Daily Mail. He was still dating Aarika Wolf, a model. He was previously rumored to have dated Rita Ora, too. According to E! Online, the Harris and Wolf broke up just right before the Brits Awards. It looks like Swift has immediately swept his heart.
- Of his rumored new girlfriend, Harris once said that he thinks she’s an “amazing songwriter.” “I’d love to work with Taylor Swift, she’s an amazing songwriter with all that Nashville training,” the superstar DJ said. Taylor, on the other hand, is interested in doing dance music of late and perhaps we’re going to hear them collaborate on a track real soon.
So, what can you say about Taylor Swift’s new guy?
Keep checking Movie News Guide (MNG) for more celebrity news.
Photo Source: Official Calvin Harris Facebook Page