The Terminator Franchise: Things You Need To Know About ‘Terminator Genisys’
Paramount Pictures’ “Terminator Genisys” or “Terminator 5” will be releasing on 1 July, 2015. This new “Terminator” Franchise has “Magic Mike XXL” to beat, which is obviously gaining much hype. “Terminator Genisys” is to rewrite the timeline and has the basic story same as previous first two instalment of the franchise.
According to Cinemablend, “John Connor sends Kyle Reese back in time to protect his mother, Sarah Connor, from a machine sent back to kill her and ensure he is never born. From that familiar logline, however, everything gets thrown for a loop.”
“Terminator Genisys” is going to be first film of a stand-alone triology. The other two films as sequels will be releasing in 2017 and 2018. The movie has superb casting support with Arnold Schwarzenegger reprising his role as the eponymous character. Joining the actor are, Emilia Clarke, J. K. Simmons, Jason Clarke, Jai Courteney and Lee Byung-hun. Even though, the support cast is great, the film has received mixed reactions from critics.
Here are some of the reviews after the premiere of “Terminator Genisys:”
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back!
- “Terminator Genisys” revisits previous moments from the first two “Terminator.”
- But the references and revisiting gets a bit too heavy, the movie ends up looking like addition and subtraction of previous instalments of the franchise.
- The first 20 minutes of the movie with future war prologue is excellent.
- There is no story. The bits and pieces added don’t really give a perfect jigsaw puzzle.
- K. Simmons stands out with his small detective role.
- All of the characters are seen spending too much time in explaining logic rather than actually implementing it.
With such reactions from the critics and dull reviews about performances, it looks hard for “Terminator Genisys” to survive.
Image Source: Facebook/ Terminator Genisys