Top 20 Most Watched TV Shows of Fall 2014
Fall 2014 officially rolled out mid-September in 2014, and now that the first half of the TV season is almost done, take a look at which shows have met the highest number of viewership. Read on.
Following eight seasons of airing on CBS, “The Big Bang Theory” remains solidly on top. The show is still the most watched comedy series on broadcast television, which perhaps justifies why its stars — Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco — deserve the raise in their talent fees to a whopping one million per episode. CBS also has a perennial winner in the drama series “NCIS,” which is still the most watched procedural show. This feat comes after 12 seasons of being on air.
Not surprisingly, CBS also ended the year in good standing with reliable hits like “NCIS: New Orleans,” “The Good Wife,” “Person of Interest” and “Blue Bloods” in the top ranking. New shows like “Madam Secretary” and “Scorpion” entered the Top 20 list for CBS too.
“Madam Secretary,” by the way, is Fall 2014’s biggest new series. The show stars Tea Leoni as the state secretary and mother of three.
ABC and NBC also managed to place in the top spot despite CBS’ dominance. “The Blacklist” from NBC is still going strong on its second year. Of course, having James Spader in the lead to play the master criminal Raymond “Red” Reddington is a huge draw for the show. “The Blacklist” is NBC’s most popular series, followed by “The Voice,” a reality singing competition.
Below is the complete list of Fall TV 2014’s Top 20 shows:
- “Sunday Night Football” on NBC with 21 million viewers
- “The Big Bang Theory” on CBS with 19.6 million viewers
- “NCIS” on CBS with 19.5 million viewers
- “NCIS: New Orleans” on CBS with 18 million viewers
- “Thursday Night Football” on CBS with 16.8 million viewers
- “The Blacklist” on NBC with 16.3 million viewers
- “The Big Bang Theory” on CBS, shifting to Mondays with 15.84 million viewers
- “NFL Sunday Pre-Kick” on NBC with 15.80 million viewers
- “Madam Secretary” on CBS with 15.1 million viewers
- “Dancing with the Stars” on ABC with 14.6 million viewers
- “Criminal Minds” on CBS with 14.5 million viewers
- “Scorpion” on CBS with 14.4 million viewers
- “Modern Family” on ABC with 14.1 million viewers
- “60 Minutes” on CBS with 14.0 million viewers
- “The Voice” on NBC with 13.93 million viewers
- “Scandal” on ABC with 13.91 million viewers
- “Blue Bloods” on CBS with 13.5 million viewers
- “The Good Wife” on CBS with 13.3 million viewers
- “The Voice” on NBC, for the Tuesday nights airing with 13.1 million viewers
- “Person of Interest” on CBS with 12.8 million viewers
This ranking is based on Nielsen’s. Did your favorite show make it to Top 20?
For more television news, you can count on Movie News Guide (MNG) for the latest.
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/German Wikipedia/Djayk