Valentines Special: Top 10 Onscreen Romantic Pairs Of All Time In Hollywood Movies
Hollywood has made lots of movies in the past hundred years yet only a few leaves resonating impact on the audience. There is no formula for it but when characters with good chemistry collide with a perfect storyline the cinematic result can be explosive.
ABC News reported that they had carried a survey where fans had cast votes for most romantic couple of all time in Hollywood movies. The survey counted vote casted by American people for this category. Accordingly, they had ranked the couples on the basis of the percent of vote secured.
Hollywood.Com reports that they have categorized the onscreen pairs on the basis of the box-office popularity of the movies by them. The report says the onscreen chemistry certain couple is so popular among fans they reunite time and again to re-create that tantalizing impact on the audience. Listed below are the top 10 onscreen pairs of all time in Hollywood movies.
- Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet – The Couple broke box-office record as lover duo Jack and Rose in the 1997 romantic movie “Titanic.” Their steamy kissing scene on ship deck stole audience heart.
- Clarke Gable and Vivian Leigh –In the movie “Gone With The Winds,” the beautiful Vivian Leigh and handsome Clarke Gable captured people’s memory as Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler in this movie. Their kiss against crimson sky when they escaped burning Atlanta is still a iconic scene till date.
- Richard Gere and Julia Robert – In the movie “Pretty Woman” Richard Gere played the role of Edward Lewis, and Julia Robert played the role of Vivian Ward. Lewis hired Robert who is a prostitute for his weeklong business trip and both fall in love against all odds. Their chemistry touched down audience heart.
- Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman – In the movie “Casablanca” Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman played the role of Rick and Isa. This 1942 movie set against the backdrop of Morrocan night club during second world war. The love story of former lover Rick Blaine and Isa Lund attract audience memory till date.
- Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn – They first appeared in the movie “Woman of The Year” (1942) and their pair become so popular that they appeared together as couple in nine films.
- Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan – They paired in the movie “When Met Sally,” “Sleepless in Seatle,” “You have got mail.” Their onscreen chemistry propelled the box-office.
- Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman – Their chemistry has not restricted to onscreen but moved beyond it to their real life. Nicole Kidman was former wife of Tom Cruise. The couple realistically made love onscreen in movies like “Days of Thunder,” “Far and Away,” “Eyes Wide Shut” etc.
- Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson – They paired in the movies like “How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days,” “Fool’s Gold.” Their chemistry attract audience applaud.
- Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore – They have paired in the movies like “The Wedding Singer,” “50 First Dates” etc. and their chemistry has won audience heart for all time.
- Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock – The duo paired in movies like “Speed,” “The Lake House” etc, and their onscreen chemistry stole audience heart.
The first five couples are ranked on the basis of popularity by ABC News survey report. Whereas, the rest are ranked on the basis of the number of movies in which the star pairs appear as couple.
Photo Source: Facebook/ Titanic