Wes Ball To Helm ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’
Earlier this month, he talked about introducing different storyline for the third part of Maze Runner franchise, though the information related to him donning the director’s chair for it was not confirmed, but now it has been confirmed that Wes Ball is going to helm the last part of the Maze Runner series titled “Maze Runner: The Death Cure.”
In a discussion with Variety, Ball stated, “Ultimately our goal is to create an awesome three-movie trilogy,” he said. “Not many people have done that and now I have the opportunity to do that.”
He is directing the third movie and all are just busy in preparing everything and working on the final conclusion of the epic series, said Ball.
The director has given all the credit to the cast members of the franchise for making him ready to do the third part as well. He said they are setting up many things which are even not necessarily apparent in the second film, but it is expected to pay off big time in the next part and that’s why it has all been his approach.
He added, “I’m glad that I can finish the series. I’m lucky and thankful that they asked me to direct all three films. At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to do it or not, but honestly, it was the cast that I wanted to work with again. They are such great people,” revealed Variety.
The first part of the dystopian science fiction was a hit, which earned more than $340 million worldwide, and it is said that the second one titled “Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” will do even better than the first as it was speculated that it will earn up to $35 million in its opening weekend. So, we can imagine that the third part is going to rock the floor because it has the same director who had planned for it.
As of now, the Death Cure will have the same star cast and focus on Thomas’s chase for finding a cure for “Flare,” a deadly disease. The movie is slated for February 17, 2017 release.
Photo Source: Facebook/Maze Runner