It has become a tradition to present high valued gift bags to the presenters and performers at the Oscars. In recent years, these gifts have also been extended to award nominees and winners. Just being nominated for an Oscar is a great achievement. Winning is not everything, but playing to win is. At the 87th Academy Award, each of the nominees in the major categories such as Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress, and Best Director categories will win. If a nominee wins then will take home a golden statuette and if does not win then will take home a gift bag worth more than $125,000.
According to Variety, each of the nominees in the aforementioned categories will take home various expensive products. Each gift contains an array of exclusive skin care products, high-end accessories, certificates, jewels, and a number of incredible trips. Hollywood A-listers even will get a session to teach them mind control techniques. The ceremony is scheduled for February 22, 2015.
According to the press release from the bag’s creator, Distinctive Assets, each Oscar bag contains very interesting high-end items including:
- $20,000 worth of car rentals from Silver car
- A $250 vibrator from Afterglow
- A $5,000 medical procedure called an O-Shot
- A $20,000 gift certificate from Enigma Life
- A $1,500 three-night stay at Villa Armena in Tuscany
- A $5,060 Home Spa System from Steamist
- $900 10 personal training sessions with Alexis Sleetzky
- An $800 voucher for a custom candy buffet from Candy Vixen
- A $5,000 piece of art from Gunner Fox
- $4,068 worth of treatment at Ventura Lipo-Light
- A $25,000 piece of bespoke furniture designed by Elena Foccoli
- A $14,239 package from Reset Yourself
- A $12,500 voucher for Terravelo Tours
- A 10,000 meal donation of Halo Natural Pet Food to the animal shelter of the celebrity’s choice
- A $229 automatic five megapixel wearable camera from Narrative Clip
The value of these “gifts” can reach into the thousands of dollars. In 2014, the value was reported to be as high as US$80,000. In 2014, the adult products retailer Adam & Eve had provided a “Secret Room Gifting Suite” in the gift bag. Stars visiting the gifting suite included Judith Hoag, Carolyn Hennesy, Kate Linder, Chris Mulkey, Jim O’Heir, and NBA star John Salley. The most highly valued item in this year’s bag is a $20,000 gift certificate from Enigma Life. The celebrities will get to meet founder Olessia Kantor and discuss their 2015 horoscope, analyze dreams and teach them mind control techniques.
And that’s it for MNG’s Million dollars Oscar bag update. For more details coming up about the showbiz gala, host, performances, controversies and fashion reviews, stay tuned here at Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/ Downtowngal