Adam Lambert, who has carved a creative partnership onstage with legendary 70s’ rock band Queen since 2011, is keen once more to perform in one of music history’s biggest stage, which is the Glastonbury Festival.
According to a report from New Musical Express, the American Idol runner-up owned up to the news speculating that he was all up to front the band once more. Queen has been creating a lot of buzz to be headlining the Michael Eavis founded music fest this coming 2016.
“If they invited me, yes, of course, I would,” Lambert said.
The 33-year-old’s first major collaboration with the active members of Queen started four years ago, an act which received a particular skepticism from long-time fans of the band. Their performances included an MTV Europe Awards appearance in 2011 and a full concert at Kiev’s Independence Square on June 30, 2012. Prior to all of this, Queen members Brian May (guitars) and Roger Taylor (drums) had an American Idol 2009 performance with Lambert during the latter’s stint in the reality TV series.
Matters between this association have changed positively for fans as cited by Express earlier this year. The so-called generation gap now has been closely sewn together with Lambert winning the hearts as he belted his way through such classics as “Don’t Stop Me Now” and “I Want It All” when he fronted the band once more in a BBC New Year’s eve gig.
“Queen featuring Adam Lambert last night were awesome. Nobody will ever replace Freddy but last night’s show was incredible,” a fan said on social media.
Also read: ADAM LAMBERT’S ALREADY IN TOWN!
The Glastonbury Festival, which has its tickets sold out in early October, is also rumored to have Coldplay returning their way back to the Pyramid Stage for 2016 as mentioned in The Independent. Other expected artists to grace the long-running festival are Ed Sheeran, Radiohead, Prince, Fleetwood Mac and Miley Cyrus.
Photo Source: Facebook/Adam Lambert