So the official trailer of “Captain America: Civil War” dropped yesterday and in a very majestic way, the World Premiere of the trailer left everyone spellbound. Without lingering any further, there were a couple of things that I am sure many fans noticed and thus here are the 5 things that we deciphered from the trailer:
- Some parts of “Captain America: Civil War” are heavily inclined towards Steve Rogers’ best friend Bucky Barnes who is now a fugitive in the eyes of Government. Steve’s motives too make it look like he is trying to protect his best friend from all odds rather than shifting his attention to a more important issue.
- General Ross, who enters the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the movie, still seems to hate superheroes a lot because the moment he walks into the room with a document called “Sokovia Accords.” Ross means closing down this superhero business. The document that he throws in front of Steve is basically what nations around the world are ready to do following the Avengers’ escapades in Sokovia. This is 60% of the reason why events in “Captain America: Civil War” are going to take place. Rest 40% is because of Steve’s loyalty and friendship towards Bucky.
- Tony Stark has made his stand of opposing Captain America’s beliefs right from his entrance in the trailer. As soon as he walks in asking Captain about looking defensive, he has this “will try to reason with you but later oppose you” face. What follows is their disagreement over Bucky’s actions and things start to look bad for Captain.
- Those who don’t want to be branded fugitives or anti-government quietly side with the Government. Iron Man himself is the first member to join the Government. It was because even he remembers the blunder he made in “Avengers: Age of Ultron” when he created a megalomaniac robot and might want someone to keep a check on himself.
- The Guardian added that the two opposing teams have formed and can be seen charging at each other. Captain America who recruited War Machine in the “Avengers” when “Avengers: Age of Ultron” ended and had Black Widow by his side has lost both of them to the Pro-Registration side.
Overall in the trailer, Captain America looks a bit aggressive and harsher than usual and in the process coming across as someone who will do anything to protect his best friend from any possible threat and also stand by his beliefs. Besides this, the brutal tag team style fight shown in the end of the trailer is very unlike of Steve because he can be seen raining some brutal blows on Tony as Bucky too continues to hit him.
Coming Soon added what the Russo brothers had to say about their movie. According to them, The Accords are the world jointly trying to govern the Avengers following the events of Sokovia, Washington D.C and NYC. Quite honestly the above places were damaged quite a bit when the Avengers tried to protect everyone. “Captain America: Civil War” will release next year on May 6th.
Photo source: Facebook/Marvel Cinematic Universe