As the 14th season of “American Idol” starts on Wednesday on FOX, Forbes has released its list of top-earning “American Idols.” For the second year in a row, Season 4 grand winner Carrie Underwood tops the list, pulling in $10 million before taxes. Read on for further details.
Forbes credits the Checotah native top earnings frpm “six-figure nightly fees on the road and music sales. It also includes her earnings from her well-paid role in NBC’s “The Sound of Music: Live!” However, her income decreased from the $31 million in 2013 to $10 million in 2014. American singer, songwriter, and actress rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of “American Idol” in 2005.
Here are some highlights of her thriving career:
- Underwood has been the recipient of six Grammy Awards, sixteen Billboard Music Awards, eleven Academy of Country Music Awards, eight American Music Awards, and five Country Music Association Awards;
- As a lyricist, she has also received a Golden Globe Award nomination and won ten BMI Awards;
- In 2008, Underwood was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, for her many achievements in country music;
- In 2009 was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame;
- In 2009, she was awarded the prestigious Harmony Award from the Nashville Symphony Orchestra for her achievements in music across various genres;
- In 2013, she received Artist Achievement Award at the 38th Annual New York Honors Gala held by the T.J. Martell Foundation;
- In 2014, she was honored by the Country Radio Broadcasters’ Board of Directors with the CRB Artist Humanitarian Award at the 2014 Country Radio Seminar.
This season, the panel of judges include Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and Jennifer Lopez. Forbes estimates the stars’ earnings using data from Pollstar, RIAA and Nielsen SoundScan.
Click HERE to see the entire list of the Top-Earning American Idols for 2014 (pre-tax).
And that’s it for the latest scoop on top-earning ‘American Idol’ alums. For more details coming up on your favorite celebrities, TV shows and upcoming movies, stay tuned here on Movie News Guide (MNG)
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/17Drew