Charlize Theron recently revealed some fun facts about her. Read on for the details.
Earlier this week, the 40-year-old South African and American actress Charlize Theron joined “Nasty Gal” founder and “Girl boss” author Sophia Amoruso on her first #GirlbossRadio podcast. They talked about everything from Theron’s career to her family to her business.
According to E! News, the conversation was inspiring, topic-spanning, and sprinkled with insight and wisdom. In the podcast, Theron shared five things about her.
1. Theron said that she went to an art school in Johannesburg to study ballet. Ballet was her life because she really wanted to be a ballerina. However, when she was 18 years old, a doctor told her that she needed to stop dancing. She said that her small injuries added up and that made her hang up her dancing shoes.
2. Theron shared that her mother bought her a one-way ticket to Los Angeles when she decided that acting was the path that she wanted to take. When she was at the airport, she told an attendant, “You made a mistake – it’s Los Angeles, I’m supposed to go to Hollywood!” She laughed when she recalled that moment. She also said that if she knew how hard it is to become an actress that time, she would have never come out.
3. Theron revealed that when she was trying to pay her weekly rent at the Farmer’s Daughter hotel, the staff wouldn’t cash it. The man behind her offered help and he ended up becoming Theron’s manager.
4. When the two talked about the recent hacks into Sony’s e-mail, the fight for equal pay for actresses became a conversation topic. Theron admitted that when the e-mails came out, she was really shocked. “It was the straw that broke the camel’s back, for me, that hack,” she said. She already had a deal for the sequel of “Snow White and the Huntsman” and he applauded how the Universal Studios treated the situation. “I don’t think we’re at such an interesting point where this could change,” she added.
5. Theron, who has two adopted children, said that motherhood has been the best role she ever had. “It’s the one thing, parenting is the one thing in my life that so surpassed how great I thought it would be,” she said.
Photo source: Instagram/Charlize Theron