The all-new “Dancing With the Stars” Season 18 has revealed its contestants. These dancers are now all set to battle for the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy. The dancing show competition which is also referred to as DWTS will be hosted by Tom Bergeron and the new addition to the “dancing” family, Erin Andrews, who replaced Brooke Burke. Its judges include Bruno Tonioli, Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba. DWTS will be aired on ABC on Mar. 17, 2014. Read on to find out who will compete in “Dancing With the Stars” Season 18.
Surely, it will be a head-to-head battle as the cast are set to prove themselves on the dance floor. According to Time, the set of cast for this season includes Olympic ice dancers, a professional dancer, swimming icon, singers and C-list celebrities.
“Dancing With the Stars” Season 18 revealed its contestants in Good Morning America. Listed below are the pairs who made the cut:
- Witney Carson and Cody Simpson(Australian pop singer)
- Emma Slater and Billy Dee Williams (“Star Wars”)
- Sharna Burgess and Charlie White (ice dancer)
- Mark Ballas and Candace Cameron Bure (“Full House”)
- Karina Smirnoff and Sean Avery (Former NHL player)
- Val Chmerkovskiy and Danica McKellar (“The Wonder Years”)
- Cheryl Burke and Drew Carey (“The Price is Right”)
- Peta Murgatroyd and James Maslow (“Big Time Rush”)
- Derek Hough and Amy Purdy (US Paralympic Team Snowboarder)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Meryl Davis (ice dancer)
- Henry Byalikov and Diana Nyad ( swimmer)
- Tony Dovolani and NeNe Leakes (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”)
Just for a quick trivia about the DWTS cast, Meryl Davis and Charlie White are ice dancers who won the gold medal in the recently held Sochi 2014 Olympics. Moreover, Amy Purdy is a US Paralympic snowboarder and a former “Amazing Race” contestant. Her legs have been amputated since she was 19 and has worn prosthetic legs since then. Maksim Chmerkovskiy, on the other hand, is a professional dancer, a returnee in the show. Diana Nyad is a long-distance swimmer who was able to complete the Cuba to Florida stretch.
In an interview with Good Morning America, the ice dancers Meryl and Charlie aired out their thoughts about their excitement for the upcoming show.
“I think we’re excited for a little healthy competition,” said Davis in the Good Morning America report.
“The way you move is completely different,” added White in the said interview.
The twist for this DWTS Season 18 is the swapping of partners via viewers’ votes. Now that the “Dancing With the Stars” Season 18 has revealed its contestants, fans of the reality dancing competition are getting all the more excited for it to start. Catch it on ABC on Mar. 17, 2014. For more “Dancing With the Stars” news, stay tuned here at Movie News Guide (MNG).