Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will reprise his role in the upcoming “Fast and Furious” sequel. He will once again play Luke Hobbs in the movie. He also added that there might be a change in his character.
According to Ace Showbiz, The Rock reminded everyone that the “Fast and Furious 8” movie cannot go on with the Hobbs’ character. Dwayne Johnson was also asked if he was interested in going solo in a movie that would solely focus on his character. He answered that everybody is interested in doing so. He revealed that there had been conversations going on with the studio about the possibility.
Dwayne Johnson also said that a lot of other people needed to have an input after what the audience really wants to see in the movie. The action star also said that his character in the previous Furious installment was given a little space.
Earlier this month, MTV News interviewed Vin Diesel who said it was imperative for another “Fast and Furious” sequel to hit the screens since this was what the late Paul Walker wanted. Rumors even had it that Paul’s brother, Cody was interested in taking part of the film. Before, Paul Walker already mentioned that there were already plans set for few more racecar movies before the entire crew would retire.
The news had been confirmed after the eighth Furious installment was slated to be released in North America on April 14, 2017. This will be the first time for the franchise to be done without the presence of Paul Walker. Meanwhile, Vin Diesel is still expected to reprise his role as well as Kurt Russell. The latest installment was rumored to have Eva Mendes to star again as agent Monica Flores while James Wan was eyed to direct the film.
For more updates on your favorite celebrities, keep tabs on Movie News Guide.
Photo Source: Facebook/Dwayne The Rock Johnson