For the third year in a row, “Modern Family” star Sofia Vergara has emerged as the number one highest paid television actress. The list comes from Forbes, which also released its list for TV actors last August. Read on to find out the details of this year’s Top 10 highest paid female TV stars.
Sofia Vergara, who belongs to the ensemble comedy series “Modern Family,” is this year’s most powerful woman on television according to Forbes. The actress commands an asset that the financial news magazine estimates to be around $37 million, which is far greater than what Ashton Kutcher, this year’s top male highest paid TV actor, has earned. Vergara’s business savvy habits may be credited to her good fortune since, aside from earning $325,000 per episode, she also has numerous endorsement deals with brands like Kmart, AT&T, CoverGirl, Diet Pepsi and Head & Shoulders. Vergara is also a founder of a multimillion entertainment empire supporting the Latino community in the business.
Coming in second place is Mariska Hargitay from “Law & Order: SVU,” who has an estimated earnings of $13 million. Being in the longest running drama show on TV today, Hargity gets a substantial amount due to syndication.
“The Big Bang Theory’s” Kaley Cuoco is at number three, with earnings pegged at $11 million, which also includes endorsement deals from Toyota and Priceline. The actress is already expected to be back on the list next year, as she and the rest of her co-stars on the show have just earned a significant increase in their earnings per episode.
Here are the top ten highest earning TV actresses based on Forbes’ list:
- No. 1: Sofia Vergara, $37 million
- No. 2: Mariska Hargitay, $13 million
- No. 3: Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, $11 million
- No. 4 (tie): Julianna Margulies, $10 million
- No. 4 (tie): Ellen Pompeo, $10 million
- No. 4 (tie): Cobie Smulders, $10 million
- No. 5: Alison Hannigan, $9.5 million
- No. 6: Amy Poehler, $8 million
- No. 7: Mindy Kaling, $7.5 million
- No. 8 (tie): Kerry Washington, $6 million
- No. 8 (tie): Zooey Deschanel, $6 million
- No. 8 (tie): Courteney Cox, $6 million
- No. 9: Claire Danes, $5 million
- No. 10: Lena Dunham, $3.5 million
Forbes has culled this list, covering June 2013 to June 2014, based on tips from agents, studio experts and Hollywood insiders. The annual list of Forbes’ highest paid stars on television comes out before the newest TV season starts.
Follow Movie News Guide (MNG) for more television and celebrity updates.
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/Andrew G. Walker/Yahoo