Apparently, Amal Alamuddin is thinking big for her reported Saturday nuptials to George Clooney in Venice, Italy. US Weekly reported that the 36-year-old lawyer will wed the 53-year-old actor in a gown by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. Burton is the designer responsible for Kate Middleton’s impressive lace wedding dress in 2011. Read on to learn more about the details of Clooney and Alamuddin’s wedding on Sept. 27, 2014.
Giorgio Armani revealed that Clooney will be wearing a bespoke Armani suit as he exchanges vows with fiancee Alamuddin in Venice, Italy.
Armani revealed to reporters during the Milan Fashion Week on Sept. 18, 2014, that Clooney chose and has already fitted a suit for his big day.
The Italian designer has dressed Clooney for many red carpet events.
“I’m the least metrosexual cat you’ve ever met. I’ve never had my fingernails or toenails done, and I’ve cut my own hair longer than other people have cut my hair. On an awards-show day, I can play basketball, go in, take a shower and put on a tux — it takes me three minutes to put on a tux — and be out the door in 15 minutes,” told Clooney to Rolling Stone.
Here are the highlights of Clooney and Alamuddin’s Wedding:
- Clooney is set to wed in a black-tie affair in Venice, Italy, on Sept. 27, 2014.
- Clooney and Alamuddin have acquired their marriage license in London.
- The couple’s mothers, Nina Bruce Clooney and Baria Alamuddin, were spotted shopping in Lake Como, Italy, near Clooney’s villa.
- Clooney confirmed the wedding would take place in Venice. He declared the wedding venue while accepting an award at an event it Tuscany. It was the couple’s first public appearance. “I would just like to say to my bride-to-be, Amal, that I love you very much, and I can’t wait to be your husband,” said Clooney to the audience.
- Reportedly, the ceremony will be held at 11:00 a.m. at the Aman Canal Grande Venice, with a rehearsal dinner the night before at the Belmond Hotel Cipriani.
- Rande Gerber will be Clooney’s best man. Alamuddin’s younger sister, Tala, is the maid of honor.
- Only 60 guests will attend the event. Matt Damon and his wife Luciana and Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber will be in attendance. Gerber is providing 50 cases of tequila. The menu consists of both Italian and Lebanese options.
- Andrea Bocelli is scheduled to perform.
- Clooney’s representative has confirmed that Alamuddin is not pregnant.
A flashback photo of Alamuddin was released via TMZ, and it revealed Clooney’s bride-to-be graduated from Oxford Law in 2000. Clooney condemned the Daily Mail in USA Today after the British newspaper wrote a story claiming Alamuddin’s mother object to of the couple’s marriage on religious reasons.
The Daily Mail has since removed their story and apologized to Clooney the explanation read: “We accept Mr. Clooney’s assurance that the story is inaccurate and we apologize to him, Miss Amal Alamuddin and her mother, Baria, for any distress caused.”
“They’ve exposed themselves as the worst kind of tabloid. One that makes up its facts to the detriment of its readers and to all the publications that blindly reprint them,” replied Clooney to Daily Mail’s apology.
And that’s it for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s wedding update. For more updates on your favorite celebrities, stay tuned here on Movie News Guide (MNG).
Check out the video below:
You may also like to read more: