The new cast members of the “Magnificent Seven” remake has just been announced, and by the looks of it the movie is definitely worth the hype. Just last week Matt Bomer has been confirmed to join the cast and now, it was revealed that Peter Sarsgaard will be joining the film is at its main antagonist.
According to Paste magazine, it has been confirmed that Peter Sarsgaard will be playing the robber baron in the “Magnificent Seven remake.” Sarsgaard will be joinining cast members, Chris Pratt, Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke, Haley Bennett, Vincent D’Onofrio and Matt Bomer.
“Magnificent Seven” follows the story of seven gunslingers who help protect an oppressed Mexican village against a group of outlaws. The remake’s script was re-written by John Lee Hancock, after Nic Pizzolatto (True Detective) submitted the first draft. Antonine Fuqua is slated to direct the film. It will be produced by Roger Birnbaum and Todd Black for MGM and Sony Picture
“Magnificent Seven” is set to premiere on January 13, 2017.
In an interview with Sioux City Journal, Peter Sarsgaard revealed that it didn’t take too much for him to say yes to a movie. He held that once he read the script, he would be able to tell immediately, if he would want to do it or not.
“Most movies are the same story just retold a different way. If it’s the same story told the same way, I’m not too interested,” he said.
The “Slap” star added that he has always been drawn to movies with good writing because he knew how hard it was to come up with an original script. He added that he has always been hands on with his movies and is not afraid to call on the writers, even the director, if he thought they might have missed something important.
There you have it on the latest news about the “Magnificent Seven” movie. Do you think Peter Sarsgaard will make a good villain the remake? Sound off in the comments below.
Photo Source: Facebook/Peter Sarsgaard