Man Got Bitten By Flesh Eating Spider On A Qatar Flight

By Atanu Shaw | 2 years ago
Man Got Bitten By Flesh Eating Spider On A Qatar Flight
PHOTOGRAPH: Wikipedia |

If you are afraid of spiders, this is a good eye-opener for you. A British tourist is suing Qatar Airways after he almost lost his leg when a flesh eating spider bit him on a flight from Qatar to South Africa.

It was supposedly a perfect dream trip that involved volunteering at an orangutan sanctuary in Borneo and then swimming with sharks in South Africa but Londoner, Jonathon Hogg was dismayed when after 3 days after he was bitten, he realized that he has big bruises in his leg which after another 3 days burst.

Doctors told him that he was very lucky to be alive because he could have easily died from the venom of the poisonous brown recluse spider that has bitten him. “They said had I been bitten on a vein I would be dead. It’s necrotic venom which eats the flesh. The pain was like nothing I’ve been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black.” Mr. Hogg revealed.

About the author