Masashi Kishimoto has just launched his latest “Naruto” manga sequel, titled “Boruto,” and is set to be released on spring 2016.
The countdown of the new “Naruto” manga sequel has ended on Saturday and it was confirmed that it’s going to focus on the adventures of Naruto Uzumaki’s son Boruto.
It will be featured in the Weekly Shonen Jump and is going to publish new chapters once a month, akin to the release schedule of Hajime Isayama’s “Attack on Titan” manga series.
However, Kishimoto would not illustrate the manga and will only supervise the sequel. He will let his assistant Mikio Ikemoto do the drawing for the new “Naruto” manga sequel “Boruto.”
Ukyo Kodachi (who worked with Kishimoto in “Naruto – Gaara Hiden: Sajingenso” book and “Boruto: Naruto the Movie” as scriptwriter) would pen the manga’s screenplay, Anime News Network reported.
It could be recalled before the launching of the sequel, Shueisha’s weekly Shonen Jump website gave a teaser that had a tagline, “Next Generation.”
Further, it featured the silhouettes of familiar “Naruto” characters in which one of them was Boruto. And in the upcoming manga, it’s very intriguing as to how powerful the next generation of ninjas would become, especially Boruto’s sister Himawari Uzumaki.
As for the new manga’s plot, though it is yet to be revealed, it would be safe to speculate that it’s going to start where “Boruto: Naruto the Movie” left.
Kishimoto previously said he wanted to take a rest from illustrating new “Naruto” series. But during New York Comic Con 2015, he seemed to have changed his mind and gave a 50/50 chance to his fans.
“There are infinite possibilities right now. If I decide that I want to do more Naruto stories, perhaps I will, perhaps I won’t,” he told Christopher Butcher via Anime News Network report.
The wait is finally over. Fans are definitely going to welcome this new “Naruto” manga sequel.
Photo source: EEIM user via Wikimedia Commons|“Naruto”