Rolene Strauss has wowed all the eyes at the Miss World pageant and took home the venerated title. Miss Africa, and now Miss World, has dedicated the title to her country. She embodied the wish of her nation who was yearning for it since 1974. She hails from Mpumalanga. She is currently living in Bloemfontein. Read on to learn more about the new Miss World Rolene Strauss.
Apparently, the contest among 122 world's most beautiful and intelligent women was quite arduous and intense. So to win the crown after such tough competition and after 40 long years is milestone. Strauss wants to make this world a better place with her profession as a doctor.
“Miss South Africa is all about giving. One of the greatest gifts anyone can receive is the gift of a healthy life. With my passion for giving, people and health, I will be able to contribute to one of the most important things any country desires: health for all,” said Straus about her two passions.
Professor Jonathan Jansen inspires her to stand for what you strongly believes in . Jansen is the parson of the University of the Free State.
Check out some facts about the new Miss World:
- According to her website , Strauss is a test tube baby born in 1992. In fact, she is the first successfully conceived test tube baby of Bloemfontein. "After five long years (and most of their savings), I popped out of a test tube," she wrote. "A year after my birth my brother was, like my mom says, "sent from heaven."
- She won her first title at the tender age of 15 when she bagged Elite Model Look South Africa in 2007.
- She was also one of the top five beauty queens of Miss Africa contest in 2011.
- She is a fourth-year medical student at the University of the Free State.
- She is a bilingual beauty, fluent both in English and Afrikaans. Her father is a doctor and her mother is a nurse.
- As per the Health Site in August 2014Media has condemned her for being flabby then she took help of a supplement giant and a health club chain to remain fit and in shape.
- She has been in three romantic relationships. "I definitely don't have a public relationship," she said. "You know, as a Miss South Africa people look up to you and see you as an independent, strong woman. That's the picture I'd like to show people out there and I think it's difficult to be in a relationship because of your busy schedule," revealed Strauss in an interview with the South African TV Authority (TVSA)
- Her favorite food is her mother's homecooked oxtail with stamp-mielies. "My mother's oxtail with stampmielies [a corn dish] is my favorite home-cooked meal. We have an old coal stove we use in the winter, and no oxtail can taste better than my mom's made on that stove." Strauss told Oprah Magazine South Africa.
And that’s the latest on Miss World 2014 Rolene Strauss. For more celebrity updates, stay tuned here on Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/ Uploaded by Wikipedian2013