“A Million Ways to Die in the West” is an American western comedy film produced and directed by Seth MacFarlane and written by MacFarlane, Alec Sulkin, and Wellesley Wild. Seth MacFarlane plays the role of the cowardly sheep farmer Albert in “A Million Ways to Die in the West.” Read on for the Movie News Guide’s (MNG) “A Million Ways to Die in the West” box office prediction.
- Viewers trust Seth MacFarlane’s comic capability thanks to the success of “Family Guy” and “Ted.”
- “A Million Ways to Die in the West” has the best cast. The collective command of stars such as Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron and Neil Patrick Harris will definitely help entice plenty of moviegoers.
- Universal’s marketing approach is astutely selling the movie as being from the creator of “Ted.”
- Releasing in between two other comedies—“Neighbors” and “22 Jump Street.”
- Following one week after “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” should be risky. Target audience of both the films are males age 18-34 years old.
Modern Western comedies tend to fail at the box office like “Wild Wild West.” “A Million Ways to Die in the West,” didn’t have the superlative start, but a $5,319 per theater average implies that there is curiosity and with no new comedy entering the competition, it should be able to sustain that interest. If it drops 40%, it’ll take the #5 spot and $10 million to the bank.
Check out the table from boxoffice.com, which contains the Long Range Forecast of “A Million Ways to Die in the West.”
“A Million Ways to Die in the West” has received mixed critical reception so far.
“A Million Ways to Die in the West” is an absolutely funny, expertly executed comedy. The film is a good combination of typical Seth MacFarlane humour and thrills. A portion of the “Back to the Future” theme by Alan Silvestri is used during Doc Brown’s cameo. It is an enjoyable movie to watch.
Below are some of the details of the film “A Million Ways to Die in the West”:
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Seth MacFarlane
Screenwriter: Seth MacFarlane, Alex Sulkin, Wellesley Wild
Starring: Seth MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, Giovanni Ribisi, Sarah Silverman and Neil Patrick Harris
Genre: Comedy, Western
MPAA Rating: R (for strong crude and sexual content, language throughout, some violence and drug material)
Official Web site: http://www.amillionways.com/
Running time: 116 minutes
And that’s it for MNG’s “A Million Ways to Die in the West” box office prediction. For more details about upcoming movies including trailers and reviews, as well as other entertainment news, stay tuned here at Movie News Guide (MNG).
Check out the “A Million Ways to Die in the West” trailer below.