Murder in the First Recap: Number Thirty Nine

By Kitin Miranda | 2 years ago
Murder in the First Recap: Number Thirty Nine
Facebook/Murder in the First

“Murder in the First” Season 2 Episode 12 “Number Thirty-Nine” aired last Monday, Aug. 24, 2015, at 10:00 p.m. on TNT. In the season finale, Homicide Inspector Hildy Mulligan (Kathleen Robertson) and Homicide Lieutenant Inspector Terry English (Taye Diggs) raced against time to be able to bring the Union’s head man to justice, with the help of the entire department, and Homicide Inspector David Molk’s (Raphael Sbarge) girlfriend, Alyssa (Jade Tailor). In the process, several mysteries were solved, and Dustin Maker’s (Mateus Ward) trial finally ended as a verdict had been reached. Read on to learn more about this episode.

The episode picked up right where it left off in the previous episode, with Homicide Inspector David Molk (Raphael Sbarge) taking Alyssa (Jade Tailor) out to dinner. However, during their dinner, Molk confessed that he saw the safe in her apartment, and asked her to tell him everything, in exchange for immunity and possible relocation. Lieutenant Jim Koto (Ian Anthony Dale) agreed to, after being informed by Homicide Inspector Hildy Mulligan (Kathleen Robertson) and Homicide Lieutenant Inspector Terry English (Taye Diggs).

Meanwhile, Marty “Junior” McCormack (AJ Buckley) stopped by to gather the rest of his stuff. He promised his sister that he would get cleaned up for the sake of his daughters and wife.

Hildy and Terry then met up with Molk, who was at Alyssa’s apartment, with a team who were tearing the place apart, as Alyssa had suddenly gone missing. After promising Terry that there was a good explanation for her running away, they opened the safe and discovered that it was empty.

Meanwhile, Fatty B (Hopsin) met up with Andy Chan (George Kee Cheung). He told him that he and his crew were willing to do his dirty work so that they could work together, as Protrero was now his.

It later turned out that Anthony “Suger” Cascade (Mo McRae) had decided to go to Tahiti, along with Sergeant Raphaelle “Raffi” Veracruz (Emmanuelle Chriqui). She  had decided to take a leave of absence so that she could figure things out due to the events of the past few days. However, before she left, Terry suggested that she come back, as they did need her around.

Hildy and Terry were then pulled away from the Union case for a while. They had another case to solve, which they closed right away.

Meanwhile, Molk met up with Alyssa and learned that the head man had paid her a visit, which scared her, prompting her to leave.

While they did this, Judge Mitchell Ellis (Chris Ellis) reached his final decision regarding the sentence that would be imposed on Dustin Maker (Mateus Ward). After being sentenced to death, Dustin cried and was comforted by Jamie Nelson (Laila Robbins). She told him that they could still appeal the decision, and promised to be with him every step of the way.

Afterwards, Chief Prosecutor Mario Siletti (Currie Graham) was congratulated. He was being offered a chance to run as Attorney General. However, he was interrupted by an urgent phone call from Koto.

Back at the station, Knubbins, thanks to an encrypted email that Kami Keefer (Camille Balsamo) found which linked him to the murder of Commander Michael Criolla (Billy Malone), was arrested.

He then refused to talk until his lawyer, James Cromwell (Warren Daniels) came, who then offered Siletti terms that none of the inspectors were happy with, but was alright with Siletti since they would be able to get more names of corrupt cops.

Later, speaking hypothetically, in an interview with Hildy and Terry, Knubbins told them how all of the cases were related to each other.

It turned out that the Union had gotten too big for its own good. It caused him to start a war between Chan and Suger so that he could get most of the profits instead of splitting it between three people.

With regards to Sarah Tran, it turned out that she had discovered what the Union had been up to at the club, which was why Detective Walt Martin (Inny Clemons) and Detective Kaleb Peat (Adam O’Byrne) were ordered to kill her.

However, after discovering that she was an undercover cop, Kaleb was ordered to kill Walt as he was about to come forward. Kaleb had gotten sloppy, which led to his staged suicide, and Knubbins had Criolla killed and framed for Sarah’s murder, as he was now a loose end.

Afterwards, Hildy, who felt like she couldn’t believe in anyone except for Terry, was comforted by Terry, who told her to believe in herself, as she was a good cop.

What did you think of the season finale? Would you want the show to be renewed and what would you like to see in the third season? Let us know what your theories and thoughts are in the comments below!

And that was all for the recap on “Murder in the First” Season 2 Episode 12 ”Number Thirty Nine”. For more news, updates and recaps on “Murder in the First” and other television shows, keep on following Movie News Guide (MNG).

Photo Source:  Facebook/Murder in the First

About the author

Kitin Miranda enjoys writing, learning new things, telling stories, and doing theater. When she is not busy with her many projects, she can be found reading a good book, writing poetry or fiction, updating her blog, discovering new food places around her neighborhood, or watching American or Asian TV shows.