“The Last of Us” actor Troy Baker has said he knew nothing about Naughty Dog making “The Last of Us 2.” Does this mean the company has just cancelled the game? Read on for more details.
During a panel session at this year’s Indy PopCon, Troy Baker said he had no knowledge if he and Naughty Dog, Inc. are going to work on “The Last of Us 2.”
“I don’t know if we’re gonna do another one or not. If we do, then I trust Neil [Druckman, creative director] and Bruce [Straley, game director] and everyone at Naughty Dog to tell a story that needs to be told,” Baker said in a report by Eurogamer.net.
Baker’s statement contrasted to what Nolan North previously revealed. It followed after North’s confirmation of a sequel during a Metrocon 2015 panel session.
In the event, Nolan North said there is definitely going to be “The Last of Us 2.” He said it after a fan asked him if there were other projects he was working on at Naughty Dog.
Baker and North’s statements definitely gave confusions to fans eager to have their hands on the game and no one could best clear them out other than Naughty Dog. However, the company is still mum about its development.
And the last time they gave an update about it was at a Reddit AMA a year ago where the company said the chance for a follow-up title was at 50/50.
Considering Troy Baker’s statement, does this mean, along the way, Naughty Dog decided to cancel the sequel? Well, hopefully not as millions of fans are anticipating it.
“The Last of Us 2” Plot Speculations
The wait is definitely long and to keep themselves busy, some fans were making speculations and suggestions about its possible plot once Naughty Dog decides to go beyond 50/50. It was previously proposed that if “The Last of US 2” would continue on Joel and Ellie’s father-daughter relationship, it might allegedly ruin the impact that “The Last of Us” made.
If this is the case, will Naughty Dog skip Joel and Ellie? No one knows what the company is thinking right now and it’s still best to wait for them though.
Recently, Neil Druckman asked Valve for the license of “Half-Life 3” via his Twitter account.
Look, Valve, all I'm saying is you give us the Half Life license and we'll take care of the rest. 😉 https://t.co/XkrWjtfXyJ
— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) September 10, 2015
Apparently it was just a joke, but Game Informer thought it does stir some “interesting thinking” such as seeing Naughty Dog develop “Half-Life 3.”
Indeed, it does sound interesting, but it would be better if they work on “The Last of Us 2” first. Here’s to hoping it happens sooner than later.
Photo source: Facebook/Naughty Dog, Inc.