The story of success of One Direction’s career is historical and superb. This is not just shown by sold-out concerts, album sales, and their millions of fans worldwide. They are not an ordinary boy band as proved by how they broke or set new records. Billboard and Guinness released the numerical figures representing new milestones in their life as artists.
According to Billboard, they toppled Beatles in their record of most numbers of Top 10 debut for their song “Perfect” as it landed on the #10 spot. This is their fifth one surpassing four from Beatles.
The other songs of 1D which made it to the Top 10 includes “Live While We’re Young” at #3 in 2012, “Best Song Ever” at #2 and “Story of My Life” at #6 last 2013, and “Drag” at #3 this 2015. The four classic Beatles song which previously hold the Billboard record are “Free as a Bird,” “Hey Jude,” “Get Back,” and “Let It Be.”
The young British boyband continues to soar to a new horizon in their career since Guinness have announced last August that they will have six entries for the 2016 publication of the book.
The records that were recognized are as follows:
(1) “Highest Debut By UK Group On US Singles Chart” as achieved by “Live While We’re Young” at #3.
(2) “Most Popular Dance Game Track”: Just Dance 4’s routine for One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful” gained a staggering 36,817,975 views.
(3) “Most YouTube Subscribers For A Band” with 36,817,975 views.
(4) “First UK Group To Debut At No.1 In USA” with their debut album.
(5) “Most Twitter Followers For A Music Group” at 23,393,106 fans.
(6) “First Group To Debut No.1 With Their First Four Albums (USA)” which are “Take Me Home,” “Up All Night,” “Four” and “Midnight Memories”.
Apparently, One Direction wants to end their 2015 on a high note before they go on a hiatus for 2016. Will they be able to set new records for the last remaining months of the year?
Photo Source: One Direction/Facebook