While many have accused him of stealing major plots from movies left and right, we cannot ignore that Quentin Tarantino’s passion of movies is what has driven him to become a two time Oscar winner (Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained).
With this year drawing to a close, Tarantino has listed down his favorite movies of this year which you can go through below (in alphabetical order):
- Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
- Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
- Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
- The Conjuring (James Wan)
- Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
- Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
- Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
- Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
- The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
- This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
It’s interesting to see him include ‘The Lone Ranger’ in there. The movie didn’t quite get the reception from critiques which the creators might have wanted. Johnny Depp’s role of a dazed indian out for revenge for his lost people seemed a bit too out of character. The representation has left a great mark on ‘The Pirates of the Caribbean’ and I can’t see it working in other films outside of the series.
Do you agree with Tarantino’s list or perhaps you have your own to boot?