Sony Pictures and Original Film are setting their “23 Jump Street” in motion, as scribe Rodney Rothman has been signed to pen the script for the third installment of the action police comedy film. Read on to learn more about this scoop.
According to Deadline, Rodney Rothman is set to pen the script for the third installment of the “Jump Street” movie franchise, “23 Jump Street.” Rothman was also one of the writers for the previous film, “22 Jump Street,” which starred Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, who reprised their roles as Schmidt and Jenko.
Rothman has written for the “Late Show with David Letterman,” as well as the film “Grudge Match.” He has served as executive producer for “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Year One,” as well as producer for “Get Him to the Greek” and “The Five Year Engagement.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who have both teamed up on “21 Jump Street” and its sequel “22 Jumpstreet,” will co-produce the film along with Neal Moritz, Hill and Tatum. It is still not confirmed if they will direct the said three-quel.
At the conclusion of “22 Jump Street,” a montage of future sequels were presented humorously. These included the following:
- 23 Jump Street: Medical School
- 24 Jump Street: Foreign Exchange
- 25 Jump Street: Semester at Sea
- 26 Jump Street: Arts School
- 27 Jump Street: Culinary School
- 28 Jump Street: Veterinary School
- 29 Jump Street: Sunday School
- 30 Jump Street: Flight Academy
- 31 Jump Street: Ninja Academy
- 32 Jump Street: Fireman Academy
- 33 Jump Street: Generations
- 34 Jump Street: Return of the Ghost
- 35 Jump Street: Traffic School
- 36 Jump Street: Military School
- 37 Jump Street: Scuba Class
- 38 Jump Street: Dance Academy
- 39 Jump Street: The Electronic Game
- 40 Jump Street: The Retirement Home
- 41 Jump Street: Magic School
- 42 Jump Street: Beauty School
- 43 Jump Street: Mariachi School
- 2121 Jump Street
“21 Jump Street” and its sequel, “22 Jump Street,” both received general positive reviews and were both a critical and commercial success, with the former grossing $138,447,667 in North America and $63,137,661 in other countries, for a worldwide total of $201,585,328, becoming no. 1 top-grossing movie under the high school comedy genre. Meanwhile, the sequel grossed $190.6 million in North America and $128.8 million in other countries, with a worldwide total of $319.4 million.
That’s the latest scoop on “23 Jump Street,” with Rodney Rothman to pen the third pic. For more updates on upcoming movies, stay tuned here on Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons/Guillaume Paumier