I think now we have enough material and information to chalk out what our expectation from Jared Leto is and what we expect to see with his portrayal of the Joker. Playing the role after Heath Ledger who in a way immortalized it is without a doubt going to be a huge challenge, but with what we’ve seen until now it seems fans will be treated to yet another amazing version. Yet here are some points to look out for:
- 1. According to Cinema Blend, Jared Leto’s Joker should have a history with Ben Affleck’s Batman. Since in the promos of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” we saw a message from Joker spray painted on Robin’s costume, it is safe to assume that Joker has already killed Jason Todd and that’s why he is in Arkham Asylum.
- 2. In “Suicide Squad,” Joker should be a significant part of Harley Quinn’s backstory. Since “Suicide Squad” is trying to show Harley as an independent villain trying to break away from the shadows of the Joker, it is important to show who she is running away from and to what extent has the Joker been influential in her life.
- 3. As far as looks go, this Joker is going to be more muscular than skinny. Being muscular only adds more power to his character since the Joker has always known to be highly proficient in combat. So nothing would be better than him seriously damaging a few guys here and there in the movie with his combat techniques.
- 4. Even if he does not have a meatier role in “Suicide Squad,” make sure to use him to the best of his capabilities in the solo Batman movie. Since he is the reason why Jason is nothing but a memory in Bruce’s home, the good old classic Batman-Joker equation would surely get fans excited and prove just why the Batman is incomplete without the Joker.
- 5. We certainly expect insanity levels to cross every boundary, every border with “Suicide Squad.” Let the Joker be so insane that everyone from the characters to real life fans should just feel like hating him to the core. But then all this hate is actually appreciation, because that’s how good Jared Leto’s version will be.
Movie Pilot added that Joker might not be the villain in “Suicide Squad” at all since he has barely shot for any scenes with the Squad. On the other hand, Enchantress could be the real villain since Enchantress herself wants to destroy the world and is now residing in the body of June Moone.
“Suicide Squad” will release next year on August 5th.
Photo source: Facebook/DC Extended Universe