Superb Success Of Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Will Open The Door For ‘Hellboy 3’

By Subhro Prakash Ghosh | 2 years ago
Superb Success Of Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Will Open The Door For ‘Hellboy 3’
Hellboy

More than a week has passed since Comic-Con International 2015 happened, but the news on “Hellboy 3” continues to pour in. The Mexican film director Guillermo del Toro, who was in Comic-Con asked his 6,500 adoring fans if they wanted another sequel of “Hellboy” movie. Behind the scenes, Toro was incessantly asked by the people about the possibility of “Hellboy 3.”

The 50-year old filmmaker Toro revealed that he is eager to make “Hellboy 3” possible. But there are a few important factors that need to be looked into.

“The hard fact is that the movie is going to need about $120 million and there is nobody knocking down our doors to give it to us… it’s a little beyond Kickstarter,” Guillermo del Toro exclusively said to The Daily Beast.

“It would be great to complete the trilogy. But in a way I don’t see the world – the industry – supporting that idea,” Toro added.

Screen Rant reported that Toro is looking at the success of “Pacific Rim 2,” which is slated to be released Aug. 4, 2017. He thinks that the huge success of “Pacific Rim 2” could only pave the way for the third sequel of “Hellboy.”

The 2013 movie “Pacific Rim” marked a profit of more than $411 million worldwide on a production budge of $190 million. However, it is said that 75 percent profit margin of the entire box office came from overseas, which indicate that “Pacific Rim” franchise would undoubtedly receive tremendous worldwide response and the obstacles on the path of “Hellboy 3” will be removed.

According to Toro, actors like Ron Perlman, who played Hellboy, are highly eager for the third sequel. Last month, the 65-year old Perlman used social media podium to update his fans and expressed his interest for the next sequel.

“I don’t have any news for you, but there’s always a chance. I’m getting to that age where, if I waited much longer, ‘Hellboy 3’ will be performed out of a wheelchair. So, I was basically trying to say, if there’s going to be this thing, it should be sooner rather than later,” the Sons of Anarchy star said, as reported by Christian Post.

For more movie updates follow Movie News Guide (MNG) on Facebook and Twitter.

Photo Source: Facebook/Hellboy

About the author

Having over 9 years of experience in retail magazines and portals, Ghosh has served lot of overseas clients in the last couple of years. Presently, he is a regular contributor for MNG. He had spent a self-imposed exile at the bank of river Narmada between 2012 and 2014 where he had mainly lived in the dense forests, ancient caves or with seriously devoted monks involved in penance and spiritual introspection. He is personally inspired by the great eastern and western mystics like Osho Rajneesh, Helena Blavatsky, George Gurdjieff, P D Ouspensky, Buddha, Lao Tsu, Confucius, Bodhidharma, J Krishnamurthy, Japanese Zen masters just to name a few.