David Lynch, the world famous director for the 1977 surrealistic film, “Eraserhead” and 2001’s “Mulholland Drive,” is all set to return to direct the sequel of Showtime’s “Twin Peaks.” Read on.
Earlier this month, Lynch who is famous to experiment with his scripts posted on Twitter that he won’t be directing the sequel of “Twin Peaks” because of the financial issues.
“After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.” Lynch said in his tweet.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the entire cast pleaded to the director to come on board again. After a long negotiation with American cable channel Showtime, Lynch has announced on Twitter that he is back to direct the sequel of “Twin Peak.”
David Lynch again used the social media platform to break the news. This time with high enthusiasm, he said that the rumors are not what they seem.
— David Lynch (@DAVID_LYNCH) May 16, 2015
“Twin Peaks” was an American Television serial drama series co-created by David Lynch in 1990. The story was set into a fictional Washington town and it follows an investigation headed by a FBI agent, Kyle MacLachlan into the murder of the homecoming queen played by Sherly Lee. The show was first broadcast on Apr. 8, 1990 on ABC and in Oct. 2014 it was announced that the series will return for a nine-episode to be air in 2016 on Showtime.
Now clearly, the financial matter has been taken care of as the Showtime’s president David Nevins confirms the news of Lynch getting on board. He also stating that this time, Lynch will direct more than nine episodes as it was earlier announced.
The 69-years-old Missoula born director is among those directors in the world who has the capability to play with your thoughts and make you believe in the world of surrealism. With him on board, we all are quiet excited for “Twin Peaks.” What about you? Share your views in the comments below.