She’s born to Hollywood stars Bruce Willis and Demi Moore and she has made her mark in last night’s premiere of the current “Dancing With the Stars” season, alongside pro dancer Valentin Chmerkovskiy. But other than these, how much do you know about Rumer Willis? We’ve rounded up five things about her.
- While her parents are working in Hollywood and all over the world for their movies, Rumer, now 26 years old, and her sisters actually grew up in Hailey, Idaho, miles away from the craziness of tinsel town. Hailey has a small population, with less than ten thousand people, so you can say that she’s actually a small-town girl in real life.
- She did, however, have her start in acting early on. She did small roles in her parents’ movies in the 1990s. But Rumer didn’t go into acting full time until 2005. From there, she starred in several films such as “The House Bunny” and “Sorority Row.” She strived to make a name in Hollywood, even as she already have two important backers. During these times, too, Rumer also started doing music. It cannot be denied that being in the limelight is pretty much in her genes.
- Her biggest and most notable role to date, however, is being on “Pretty Little Liars,” a massive television series hit among teenagers. But the actress has also appeared in shows like “Hawaii Five-O” and “Medium” and “90210.”
- She is also doing stage musicals and is the star of “For the Record: Dear John Hughes.” It will have its run in Chicago in the Windy Theater, according to Fredericksburg.Com. The play is a tribute to the great filmmaker who, coincidentally, worked with her mom when Demi Moore was younger. Hughes recruited Moore into the Brat Pack, otherwise known as Hollywood’s teenage elite in the 1980s.
- The odds are that Rumer Willis will win this season’s “Dancing with the Stars.” In fact, Washington Post has ranked Willis as the number one among all the contenders and she did prove herself with her smashing first performance in the premiere of show last March 16. You can watch this below in the video.
For more celebrity news, check back to Movie News Guide (MNG).
Photo Source: Official Dancing With the Stars Facebook Page